adult uniform

As a scout, I became a member of OA. Many years later and in a different state and council, as an adult leader, I was wondering if any of those insignias can be worn on the uniform as "temporay patches." I have a small silver arrow hanging on a red and white ribbon which I would like to wear on the right shirt pocket.

rex2796

According to the Scoutmaster Handbook, "Order of the Arrow ribbon pin. Available only from the OA lodge. Worn suspended from the button of the right pocket from beneath the pocket flap by OA members in good standing." Good standing usually means your dues are paid up.

Doug

Certainly you can and should wear the ribbon. If you are not affiliated with you local lodge yet, you should do so.

When you use the phrase "temporary insignia," I do not think of the little ribbon dangly thing. I think of patches for summer camp or other activities. If you have patches you were awarded as a youth for an OA event or other activity, in my mind you are entitled to wear one of these as "temporary insignia" just like anybody else.