I wonder if . . .

de la Renta is known more for his work with women's wear and not traditional mens shirts. Although he works primarily with female fashion, he has many philanthropic activities which may interest him in helping scouting.

Was your posting an attempt, and I emphasize an attempt, at humor?

I'm not sure if the complete uniform was designed by de la Renta but I believe that the neckerchief (scarves or scarfs?) for female cub leaders are designed by de la Renta. I has his signature on it!

I wonder if...it has any really bearing on anything. First of all someone exactly like Oscar de la Renta was hired to design the uniform and he said yes. Secondly if someone like dela Renta said no, then it would suggest that someone unlike de la Renta would say yes.

I mean it's not as if no one will take money from the BSA to design a uniform. There may be businesses out there that would would use scoutings values as an excuse to not give the BSA money, but I have yet to hear of a company that refused to take money away from the BSA.

Bob White

I don't know for sure. Perhaps commissioned would have been a better choice of terms.

Whether money was involved or not he was asked and he said yes. Had he said no someone else would have said yes. for all we know Oscar wasn't the first one asked back then, he was simply the first to say yes.

Bob

Yep, got a bit of a chuckle from the boxing glove reparte'myself.

Brought back memories of those old 1930's era Jackie Cooper flics "Scouts to the Rescue".

Nothing like seeing Scouts dealing with gun toting thugs, fist fights, fending off indians, riding wild broncs, canoeing raging rapids through a forest fire, flying biplane fighters...Wow! The Guide to Safe Scouting sure takes away the fun....