Troop Lost MB Blue Cards

I just don't see how using a Court of Honor every 3-4 months to distribute non-rank advancements is nearly as much a kick in the pants to motivate scouts as seeing other scouts receiving their advancements on a weekly or bi-weekly basis in a short ceremony as part of the opening or closing of a troop meeting.

Maybe I was spoiled as a boy scout in that my troop met only two miles from the council service center, but we received all advancement items within a week (or two at most) from the date we earned them.

The Court of Honor was to acknowledge all advancements and present non-advancement awards that were earned since the previous COH. No advancement items other than the corresponding pocket certificates and mother's pins for ranks were presented. This didn't diminish the importance of a COH in any way.

The troops that I UC for do it this way, although it seems the mother's pin is no longer part of the package.

around here, the blue card is required for review by council at time of application for Eagle. Nothing else counts, even their own records. That is probably appropriate since their records are often not in accord with the troops. Usually they want us to surrender our copy of the advancement form to make it good, though we don't let that part go.

Not a requirement. Bureaucracy in action, just like the Eagle Application. After all, shouldn't a signed handbook suffice? Or a troop advancement record printout? Why the need for an application at all?

• 4 weeks later...

Back to the original post. Some have said the boy needs to go back to the MBC to get the new blue card signed. WRONG!

If the boy turned over the blue card to the advancement chair and that person lost it, the advancement chair needs to take responsability and go back to the counselors not the boy. The boy did his job, the adult didn't.