As some of you may remember Nephew has struggled getting thru First Class because of swimming issues. Well, we have jumped thru the proper hoops, in the proper order and he was granted a medical exemption for swimming. Last night he sat his SM conference and BOR and is one of 2 new 1st Class Scouts in his Troop.

We will be sitting down this week to talk about his Star plan...he has never really worked much at merit badges because 1st Class felt so out of reach to him.

I just wanted to share with my extended Scout family, especially since I have voiced concerns here before about Nephew and the swim requirement. You were all supportive and offered great suggestions which gave me the direction I needed to guide him. Thank you.

YiS

Michelle

Very Wonderful, Michelle.

May I offer that to start his trail to Eagle, there are advantages to concurrently working his Personal Fitness and his physical activity group MB (eg hiking, cycling and swimming). He can build his training rides/hikes into his exercise plan.

First Class: The badge of better boyhood!

Thanks for all the kind words. Nephew is very excited, though in that "I'm too cool to look too excited" 13 year old boy kind of way (if you have or were one, you know exactly what I'm talking about).

I'm going to surprise him with the 1st Class Hiking Medallion to add to his "ceremonial" hiking staff (the one from AoL, with his other BS ranks on it). I've had it stashed away for a year, since he made 2nd class.....I had faith in him, even when his waned.

YiS

Michelle