Eagle Scout Discussion on WAMU Radio

Every once in a while, my alma mater - The American University - does something to actually make us alum's consider donating money (maybe someday they'll have a real library, but that's another issue).

AU hosts a public radio station, WAMU, 88.5 FM. On this afternoons "Kojo Nnamdi Show", Kojo had Alvin Townley as a in-studio guest for a 30 minute segment. Mr. Townley recently published a book called "Legacy of Honor: The Values and Influence of America's Eagle Scouts". Mr. Townley spent a year traveling the country interviewing well known Eagle Scouts and asked them to reflect on the impact Scouting and the award has had on their lives.

I only caught the last 5 minutes of the show, but I believe it was a pretty positive, non-political segment. It's already archived on their website here: http://www.wamu.org/programs/kn/07/01/31.php#13032

YIS,

Gags

PS - AU's mascot? An Eagle. I've always wondered if that in some way didn't influence my decision to attend!

Thanks, gahs. I also heard the tailend of his show.

Thanks for finding the link.

Did anyone else see the insert in the Washington Post about the 100th anniversary of Scouting? (sunday, 28 January) I can't get it to show on the wash post web site.