Is it OK to wear an older neckerchief?

I am going to be beaded next week. I have been given an old WB neckerchief from the 60's by a friend. It has a slightly different McClaren Tartan and the color is more grey than other WB neckers I have seen. Is it in bad tase to use the old one and I should just put it in the collection box?

David

IMHWBO, I would want to know who will do the beading? Your friend? Your WBCD? Your TG? If the friend is doing the neckering and beading, use his necker and be proud. The WB course will be giving you your beads and new necker and woggle, in any event. You earned them.

The "historic" necker will be a nice conversation starter and can certainly be worn. I sometimes wear the Troop necker from my youth for home Troop events and have a talk about the comparison between the present one and the old one: one's small, one's big, blue vs red, standard issue vs Scout designed patch.

YOU only have to decide to wear it OVER the collar, or UNDER the collar, or fold the collar INSIDE the shirt...

If you have been gifted something, then it's OK to wear it. When I sponsored someone for Vigil, I passed down my sash which had my sponsor's name on it as well. Hopefully he will be passing it on to my "grandsponsoree" ;)