Fear Factor Father-Son Event

One of our parents came up with an idea for a Fear Factor Father-Son Event. My thoughts are to connect the event to Spring Recruiting - Join Scouting Night activities. We were going to do food - hotdogs with blood and puss (ketchup and mustard), chips, drinks, a t-shirt for the boy(recruiting tool itself, with pack info, etc. for the event), and a number of gross, slimy, yucky things for the event. Our thoughts are to make it an event with tickets purchased, certainly enough to cover the expenses, but possibly enough to make it a fundraiser as well. The idea is to make it the talk of the school on Monday morning - just in time for our JSN on Tuesday night. Does anyone have any thoughts, ideas, recommendations for such a thing?

I was planning on getting approval, just like for any fundraising event. I don't see this as anything different than a pancake breakfast or spaghetti supper. And I was planning a membership/signup table to get guys registered and started.

One of our packs did this as a Halloween activity. Each den had a station and you got your card signed if you ate snot on a stick (grossly yet expertly dyed vanilla yogurt on a pretzel) blood and brains punch (frozen strawberries mashed in cranberry juice with a few blue berries tossed in) etc. Boys who did everything got a special prize, a full sized real candy bar or something like that.

You might want to incorporate a few gross-out science experiments too.

And, make sure boys know that if Dad can't come, bring Mom. It'll be even cooler to watch her be extra grossed out!