X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lodge event patches

I have a quick question. Is there anything, written or just understood, that says that the full pocket patches with flap are mainly for NOAC. We have a large event coming up in the fall and I was wondering about this.

NOPE.
    i've seen pcoket and flap combos for lodge anniversaries and jambo as well. Now I've heard that one lodge made a full pocket patch to go with the lodge flap for dancer team and ceremony team members.

Comment

NOPE.

The 'full pocket patches' is actually a fairly recent phenom.

Originally, lodges just did a NOAC flap. Then, a few NOACs back, some lodges started doing 2-piece NOAC sets (flap & full pocket patches). I think before that, some lodges were doing 2-pieces, but the patch wasn't a 'full pocket'.

Keep in mind that for most people, if you do a 'full pocket patch', its intended to go with the flap. So doing a full pocket patch event patch, what particular lodge flap will it go with???

Comment

Looked through my collection and found from the 89 Jambo a 3 piece patch. The Jambo CSP, Lodge flap, and partial temp patch formed a giant patch. While the lodge flap and temp patch could be worn together to show a scene, the flap had an indentation for the CSP, and the CSP completed the scene. Hard to describe, but oh so cool to see.

Comment

Yes I did plan on making a flap for the fellowship. That is something that we have doen for several years. The lodge has gone through and made the flap and an event patch. Sometimes a little different than others.

So the plan is to have a flap event combo for the fall fellowship

Comment

Sctdad,
            Cool, I just hope that they don't double book that weekend as currently scheduled. I hate missing Fellowship, but an Arrowman's first duty is to his unit, and mine WILL be at the Camp Charles Family Campout.

Comment

Eagle92

As of right now they are double booked. They had no intention of changing the date even though we discussed it. When I talked with AL again, I told him it was more than just the OA event. He said that he would try again.

Comment

I realize this is an old post but I just got back from our Lodge's fall conference and I noticed a few of these "full-pocket patches". In fact, a Scout from my unit designed a full-pocket compliment to our Lodge's flap. However, this particular addition is for our chapter, not NOAC or lodge.

What do you all think of Scouters wearing these patches? I personally think they are neat but they also take up a lot of room on the shirt and look, well, a little too flashy for my tastes. Nevertheless, I purchased one this weekend to support my Scout. I don't know whether I'll put it on my uniform or not, though. It might just make its way to a patch blanket...

Comment

Here is a link to the patch in question:

http://www.oaimages.com/cgi-bin/buildpage.cgi?pp=146b&dd=1&ii=7572&ch=y

Comment

Working...
                  X