Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

Changing Scouter Roles

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Changing Scouter Roles

    I am registered as Assistant Den Leader.
    Our new CM has asked me to step into the Assistant CM role.
    Do I need to submit a new application, or can I just call the council office?

  • #2
    Yes, to the new app with current Youth protection certificate. Keep your tainting records accurate. Might as well plan on Webelos Outdoor skills class.
    (This message has been edited by dg98adams)


    • #3
      Yes, new position, new application. Make sure you use the EXACT same name you used before. Different ways of naming sometimes confuse the computer and registrar, leading to unnecessary problems.


      • #4
        Also if you have your ID number, put it, and a copy of your current card, attached tothe app.


        • #5
          Keep in mind, I think the new app fee is only $1.00 and many times the councils take care of it for you.


          • #6
            Hello acco,

            I believe the $1.00 fee is for a transfer between units.

            I don't believe there is a charge to file a application to change positions within you current unit.

            Also, no charge to add a position. So you can add a position with your district at no charge if you are currently registered with a unit.


            • #7
              Likewise, you can add a position with a different unit as well. So you could be Den Leader in a Pack, and Committee Member in a Troop, and on the district as well, all just one registration fee.