Repeat Bear Electives

From the Bear Handbook....... Your Cub Scout can also search the Arrow Point trail. On the Bear trail, the main sections were called achievements, things that we would like all boys to do. On the Arrow Point trail, the main sections are called electives, choices that a boy can make on his own and with your guidance. Achievements that were not used to earn the Bear badge may be used as electives. However, note that unused parts of achievements that were used for the Bear badge may not be counted toward Arrow Points.

Only ones that were not used toward the badge may count toward electives. If unfinished parts of achievements are not allowed to be used, then redoing ones that were already done would not count, if that makes sense.

The achievements that are counted towards the badge can't be counted towards arrow points, but some electives have spaces to show where they can be done multiple times, this may be where the confusion arose. Check the books, but I believe you'll find spots to intial multiple times on some pages.

Thanks for your responses: I think I understand the electives that can be completed multiple times (ie. #9a), and the fact that if one of the 24 "group" of achievements for the Bear was used towards the Bear badge, that none of the achievements therein can apply towards electives.

And it sounds like what you are saying is that if a Bear achievement belongs to one of the 24 groups that was applied to the Bear badge, that the same achievement can not be completed again for elective credit. Right?

"And it sounds like what you are saying is that if a Bear achievement belongs to one of the 24 groups that was applied to the Bear badge, that the same achievement can not be completed again for elective credit. Right?"

Correct.

I've understood it to mean that if a Bear Cub completes 4 of the 5 (for example) requirements for the Bicycling Achievement, if he counts the Bicycling Achievement towards his Bear Badge he cannot complete the 5th requirement for arrow point credit.