Youth Leadership Training

I really appreciate the information that all of you have given me. It is nice to know this is a place to go to ask questions. I am going gather this information and make a specialize training for my boys. I will be doing Woodbadge this month, so I will have alot of different ideas to train my boys. Hope I don't scare them.. lol

Another question, what do you recommend for the term for youth leaders and job positions(scribe, quartermaster, ...)? I know it is supposed to be 6 months. I just like to know your feelings.

RD,

If you send me your e-mail I can send you some stuff we've used for new leaders.

If your Scouts have "lost their books", they need to replace them. Responsibility is a first step to leadership. Have you contacted your OA chapter? They may have some TL training to provide OR some older, experienced Scouts to come and observe a meeting and give some advice to your leaders. An OA sash or two might impress your Scouts the kind leaders they CAN be.

Look at the top of this webpage! Bill isn't overlooking all of us for nothing...

But, to answer your question, Kudu's website is interesting (inquiry.net), but I don't know of any other sites that cover the legacy of Bill so thoroughly.

And Bill's legacy is tied up in the manuals he authored. On suggestions from others here, I've found old Scout handbooks and the 3rd edition Scoutmaster handbook (2 volumes) he authored. They weren't that expensive, and they are easily found through amazon.com.

Guy