As are already aware, Walter Cronkite passed away at the age of 92. He was just 12 days older than my father, and like so many, I have admired Mr. Cronkite and his integrity since I was a small boy (he was also an avid sailor and would rather be on his boat than anywhere else in the world, so he must have been a decent man).

Hearing the news tonight and listening to his younger peers lauding his career and accomplishments, I heard a stirring remark by Brian Williams. He said: "Walter always said he was 12 years old reading Boys' Life when he read about a foreign coorespondant and set his mid to becoming one...." I had read somewhere before that he was a Boy Scout, but the comment left an impression, nontheless. It reminded me that, as our scouts read their Boys' Life, and as we work with them, we should always me mindful that anything we say could have a lasting impression on their future. Every moment we spend with these boys (and girls) is a opportunity which must not be squandered or taken lightly.

And that's the way it is.