Patrol Menu planning and food choices

It's the older leadership/organizational program where each patrol member is given a "POR". Patrol QM, Patrol Scribe, Patrol Grubmaster, Patrol Hikemaster, etc. Kudu has this program on line on his website and my boys ate it up as good stuff. At this point my boys are trained in both programs and all say the older stuff is better and easier to understand than the more modern JLT/TLT program. I use it because if my boys find it more helpful, then I go with it.

Buffalo, as far as "no one wants the job" you and I are on the same page. A scout who wants the patch but not the job is basically not wanting the responsibility of functioning in the position. I always measure my boys on a scale of caring. Tenderfoot #9 is the buddy system. Can the scout take care of his buddy? If not he can't hand the responsibility of taking care of 7 others in a patrol and when he finally figures that out he's a candidate for SPL where he takes care of other PL's having proven himself as a good PL himself. Unless a scout cares about others he'll never function effectively as a leader. I can spend a lot of time teaching leadership "skills" to a boy that doesn't care, but I'm pretty much just wasting my time. Boys naturally follow caring leaders, it works for adults and it also works for other scouts.

Stosh(This message has been edited by jblake47)