One of the best FA events I ever saw was at a camporee where the DE used his resources to get corpsman from the local Marine base to not only judge, but supply the victims and realistic wounds. I thought it was awesome, especially the squirting blood from one wound, but apparently there were complaints and the SE said no more.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in a tri county disaster drill way back wehn on Topsail Island . I was one of the victems of the tornado that threw a telephone pole through the windshiled of the car I was driving.

So we also had a life flight helicopter anbd crew there as well. I was the "guest passenger" of teh helicopter.

Anyways, one of the coordinators has a really cool moulage kit. Not one of the ones you buy, but homemade.

For wounds, he used silly putty with blush brushed over for a real; skin color. He used Kayro Syrup with food coloring for blood ( thick and sticky - not runny watered down stuff).

He's use blue and black makeup ( maybe eye shadow?) and lightly smear in on different places them go over it with white chalk dust to create brused, banged up or pale skin.

Matter of fact, I did scratch myself nicely after crawling into the car (after they used to Jaws of Life to "cut me out" ) and somebody commented that the tech didn't do such a good job with that particular wound because it didn't look realistic enough.! :)

Yeah, blabbing away again.

Just meant to say that using moulage and fake wounds and hands on training just can't be beat.