What stations or channels do any of you watch?

Over the years, I finally came to the conclusion that the weather channel is like watching Nancy Grace: Alot of hype, alot ogf sensationalism, and alot of fluff in order to get rating and ultimately $$$$.

I live about 30 miles north of the Cape Fear ( yes, there is an actual Cape Fear at the S.E. tip of Bald Head Island in Brunswick Co , NC.

Ove the last 7 or 8 years, The Weather Channel has sent a few people including Jim Cantori to hang out with us.

The most disturbing part is that I have watched reports where Jim or whoever the reporter is...is talking about high surf, strong gusts of winds and extreme conditions...and the truth is - it's your normal everyday beach weather.

What I have also found out is that a catagory 15 hurrice ( if there was such a thing) could hit Fla, and travel up the entire east coast to Va before going out to sea and do millions in damage to Fla, Ga, SC, NC, VA...and the Weather Channel would spend 12 hours a day for 4 weeks straight talking about how NY city was affected and how the subways had 2.5 inches of water between the rails and how the pigeon poop almost washed off the statues in Central Park.

Growing up, everyone, and I do mean everyone, watched 1 particular meteorologist, and whichever local station he was on. The guy was so good at predicting hurricane tracks WITHOUT computer models, cool graphics, and other modern technology, that he was known as "the Weather God" b/c he was right when other experts were so off.

I still remember watching him in 1992 for Hurricane Andrew, and there he is with a dry erase board, markers etc predicting the path.

Man I wish there was another Nash Roberts around today.

As for where do I go for info, yep Weather.com and NOAA.

One of our ASM's is the Crew Chief for the NOAA Hurricane Hunters flying out of MacDill here in Tampa. He has been real busy. I also work with some of local weather service guys as part of my job.

I also use Jeff McMaster's Weather Underground site (wunderground). The discussion is usually good and his analysis usually precedes the NOAA. Their are some politics involved in the NOAA tracks as they are the official "trigger" for local governments so they can lag a bit.

The models are getting better and better but I usually like to look at the "Spaghetti Model" runs.

The good news for the NE it appears to be weakening some and may hit rather than skirt NC. Could still be plenty bad enough. Hurricanes have wind, rain, storm surge so they can get you a number of ways.