Last night my son cooked birthday dinner for his dad. He cooked something that he learned to make in boy scouts (chinese stir fry). And it was good. Thanks, BSA, for teaching my boy self-confidence & to be able to cook for himself - and for us, too.

You are going to have to watch that you don't start packing on any extra pounds, now that you have another cook in the house.

As I have posted in the past when I found out that the students didn't share my love of English history and I threw in the towel on teaching. That or go nuts! I decided I wanted to try my hand at cooking.

My mother was not a very good cook. I think that I was in my twenties before I was able to tell the difference between steak and liver! hen she cooked them both were very tough and could be used by a local cobbler.

I first started cooking as a Scout. Now I look back and am very thankful for having been given the opportunity that I was given.

While I enjoy a lot of the skills that I acquired as a Scout, I do think that cooking is the one that I put to the most use in my day to day life.

A belated happy birthday to your hubby and good luck with your new diet!

Ea.

Enjoy it while it lasts. My son can be a great cook when he wants to be. He started out doing Sunday Breakfast every week, then got tired of it and took on a weekend dinner.. He was very good too, trying out new and different recipes..

Then turned to believing that he shouldn't have to do any of it.. I am still waiting for maturity to kick in, and the rebelious years to be over..