Quality Unit Award: When are criteria/goals selected ?

On the QUA there are "goals" to reach for the year. When does a unit determine what their "goals" are ? Early in the calendar year? or at the end of the year just before its due ?

I would think at beginning of the year (i.e. now) so you can set goals and then meet them. (??)

When I was a DE, I made sure the commissioners brought the year-end form and the new-year form at recharter time. That way the goals could be set at the same time as the review -- so in November the goals were reviewed, and the next year's time was December to November the next year.

Same here ... as a UC I always review the current year's goals and actuals at recharter time, and set the new ones for the next year.

Of course, I also send out the goals to my units in May (done) and September so that the units can do a shelf check and make course corrections as needed. (This is one of the reasons why 80%+ of my units earn the quality award annually.)

Recharter time in our District is Jan 31st. For Centennial Quality Unit, the goals are supposed to be set early in the year, with the final review at the end.

Our UCs are usually tasked with working with the units to have the goals set by the end of February. We review the goals with the committee chair over the course of the year and spend between Oct 31 and Dec 31 determining if they have been met.

We got to a late start this year because our DE departed for greener pastures (and while we miss him, we're happy that he's happier working in the real world again), so we ended up doing the goal-setting in April and May.