troop position question

"Yah, I think 5 positions is just fine for a troop of 25. Three PLs, an SPL and a QM."

Jane said nothing about only 5 positions, she said - "the way it runs here is that kids can hold more than one position", and - "25 boys and 5 hold all the positions".

"Now, it is unusual as others have suggested to give 'em multiple patches. But I don't think that's quite what you're talkin' about."

Actually, it is.

She stated that one of those 5 boys is one of her son's, and he, alone, holds 3 positions. So, right there we have 5 boys holding at LEAST 8 positions.

As someone pointed out, SM approved leadership projects can also be done in lieu of a POR. Perhaps that is a way for Jane's other son to make rank.

Are there a lot of things going on here of which we are unaware? Of course! That is the way it always is.

However, I still think it is counterproductive to have a Scout holding 3+ POR's, and feel it is a warning sign that something is amiss with the Troop program.

Yah, so let's stop guessin', eh?

janeandraka, can yeh tell us which 3 positions your son holds?

And how old son #2 is and what rank, and what position he feels he wants and is ready for and that the troop really uses as a full-fledged POR?

In Boy Scouting, the youth choose who serves in PORs, not the adults. Either by election or by appointment by da SPL.

Beavah