100 Year Commemorative Stamp?

... Is there anyone at Natl or USPS can verify this? Is it true that there is no plan? I found through searching that USPS is contemplating! If that is true, then let's give them a rousing push, eh?

We had a 50th ( http://www.flagsbay.com/flag/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/bsa-4c-1950-commemorative-50th-anniv.jpg ) and 75th and yet we are going to by-pass 100th?

http://lonestarscouter.com/2009/08/16/no-special-postage-stamp-for-100-years-of-bsa/

I guess that the consolation is the fact that there will be 100th year coin minted to commemorate. I guess that it depends on the country. When I was a younger man (many moons ago), I always thought that it is awesome to be on one's country stamp.

Oh well.

1Hour

btw, how many active members that BSA boasts that it has? Imagine that even only active members write to our postmaster general requesting ... wouldn't it make a statement, but if all former scouts join in, Holy Toledo! But, by writing in, wouldn't that add to USPS revenue? ;) Such dichotomy!(This message has been edited by OneHour)

... let's see ... boycott, boyscout ... there is that common word "boy" in both. I don't know my old friend ... it might be ok since they are both for "boy"! :) But all seriousness aside, I might send a courteous, kind, friendly, cheerful request to the Postmaster General or in this case the USPS Executive Director of Stamp Services thriftily via email (as suggested by NC_Scouter) ... oh what the heck ... to my favorite congress person as well. The only problem there is that once I send an email to my congress person, I am spammed every week!

Letters to the Postmaster General and your congressional delegation can help. The USPS wants to sell stamps, especially to collectors, and the politicians want to please their constituents. It takes a lot of people writing and emailing, but it would be worth the effort. I like the letter idea in the second link.

As a long-time stamp collector, I've seen the USPS do a 180 on a number of stamp issues over the years because of public pressure.