Salutations from Middle GA

Greetings All!

A bit about me.

I am a 30 yr old married mother of 2. I was involved in Brownies and Girl Scouts as a young girl and hubby almost made it to Eagle Scout until girls and work got in the way. We love everything about scouting. The morals and ethics it teaches our children at a young age are 2nd to none. When our son was old enough to start Scouts there was no question if he was going to be involved. As far as my involvement, well, you know what they say "A Girl Scout is a future Den Leader in training". So, right now I am the Wolves Den Leader for our pack. I have almost completely immersed myself in training, committees, and anything else I can do to help out.

Anyway,

I'm here to share ideas and get new ones to help keep things interesting and fun for our boys. I plan on staying involved for a very long time

Thanks for having me!!!!

LOL. Thank you for your words of caution. I know exactly what you mean.

I don't think I would have done so much already if the other leaders in the group had been to any of the training offered. A lot of our parents are happy to have their boys involved as long as it requires very little of their own personal time. My husband has asked me to let other parents carry some of the responsibilities and when the opportunity is there for other parents to step up, I have no problem letting them speak up. The problem is that no one does. So instead of asking for volunteers, I usually delegate certain things so my parents can't stay uninvolved. Of course I ask them if they have any reason why they can't do what is asked of them. And then there's the parents that have very little to NO experience whatsoever when it comes to camping or any outdoor activities... I'm not even going to get into the lack of 'gear'.

So far, the leaders in our pack have their own children in their dens and move up as their children advance. The only reason I became den leader this year was because there was no one else to lead the boys. I was asked. Next year, however, I think I will try to see if there is someone else that can take over as Bear Leader.

391denmom,

Welcome to the virtual campfire!

This is a great place to get ideas, as there are many experienced scouters here!

But please feel free to add to the discussion. We're very interested in your experience and point of view as well!

Prof