Utilizing Troopmaster POC functions

I have a question about Troopmaster. We have been working hard to update everything in Troopmaster. We have our activities dating back to January 1990. We have well documented our Merit Badge Counselors and adults.

We have not really explored the options on Point of Contact management,and though I have looked at it several times and have included a few individuals, I feel I am missing alot, though I am not quite sure exactly what.

Can anyone with experience with this function please offer some explanation and advice on its use. We have stacks of resoruces, but it is grossly disorganized, and I would like to store this in Troopmaster.

Thanks in advance.

Best I can tell, it is a place to keep information about people that can help. For example, a scout may want to do an eagle project for Game and Fish. If he just calls Game and Fish he will likely get some one who can't help him and may not know who can. Eventually he works out that John Smith is the person to talk with. If you put this information into TM POC then the next scout can get the information from you. The same goes for who to contact about camp sites (the owner of the property) or rifle/climbing/whitewater instructors.

I wish my predecessors had used it. I suppose those that come after me would like it is I used it as well. Off the top of my head I can think of several people that I should add.

"Eventually he works out that John Smith is the person to talk with."

Absolutely. John Smith is a Venturing Crew adviser, unit commissioner, OA Chapter Adviser and most importantly is on the lodge chuckwagon crew.

Oh, you didn't mean our John Smith?