handling of medical forms

"I am not too familiar with how packs handle this,especialloy since uit's family camping and the parents are suppose to be there"

That's not strictly true. Full pack camping is called a "Pack Overnighter" in BSAease and does require a parent/guardian for the youth. In Webelos Den camping, a youth may or may not be attending with a parent/guardian. In Webelos Resident Camp, it is quite common for a youth to attend without a parent/guardian.

In addition, according to GSS, BSA requires medical information on Scouts/Scouters participating in activities. This means at minimum a Class 1 or the new section A & C. To me this is easiest to do by having each unit (Pack, Troop, or Venture) maintain a medical file. GSS states...

"the Boy Scouts of America established minimum standards for providing medical information prior to participating in various activities. They are classified as follows:

Class 1:

Includes any event that does not exceed 72 consecutive hours, where the level of activity is similar to that normally expended at home or at school, and where medical care is readily available. Examples: day camp, day hike, swimming party, or an overnight camp. Medical information required is a current health history signed by parents or guardian. The Class I Personal Health and Medical History found on form No. 34414A (Personal Health and Medical Record) meets this requirement. Den leaders, Scoutmasters, team coaches, and crew Advisors should review these and become knowledgeable about the medical needs of the youth members in their unit. Forms must be updated annually. They are filled out by participants and kept on file for easy reference."(This message has been edited by pack212scouter)