Where's a good place to purchase customized troop flag ribbons to be used as awards? You know, the ones that are about 24" long, and handed out at camporees. I tried to find them online, but no success. Thanks for helping!

Trevorum,

Local scout shop will order from National, but the employees salaries are still adding to local economy. I know in National shops at local council office performance appraisals for managers are based on sales results, and salaries are based on size (total sales) of shop. Also most scout shops employ Scouts and Scouters. Isn't that helping at home?

Over Christmast break, when I went throught our old files and stuff, I found 44 "Patrol of the Month" ribbons custom made for our troop, in 7 different colors; these are 8" ribbons. I even found the original receipt, which was dated 1983. We paid something like $.85 back then. We decided to bring back the "Patrol of the Month" award, having a near 4 year supply on hand.

We also ordered ribbons for the events we had at our troop sponsored Webelos Fun Day back in January. We ordedred these 12" ribbons for a cost of about 1.75 each, if I recall, ordered by the dozen, with custom lettering (red and blue).

I have also orderd custom ribbons for our Sea Scout regatta events the past few years. All these came from national and we have been pleased with the product.

I asked this week why our troop had not yet received our 2008 Quality Unit Award ribbon. Latest answer is that Council may not be providing them due to budget problems.

Anyone know if this is something I can get through the Supply Division? I could not find on Scoutstuff website.

Ken