Boy Scout Handbook - Centennial Edition

Moxieman:

The future is here. I have a friend who is a network security consultant who gives trainings all over the world. His Powerpoint is his product so he carries two laptops and two projectors as a minimum. In addition, his cell phone can play a power point and has AV outputs so it can be connected to an LCD projector. He has a projector that can work off of battery power. Together he has what we have all been waiting for... the backpacking power point presentation.

Running a Powerpoint seminar off a couple of headlamps and flashlights on the side of a tent... I give up.

Deep-freeze me with my paper-bound books and wake me when it's over.

Seriously, though. Write a book about the history of Scouting if you want a book about the history of Scouting. Don't mess with the Handbook's role as one of the most vital tools that Scouts have. And especially don't shove the important information to the Web.

How about making it a handbook and not an answer key. Lets make it so that the boys actually have to DO something to earn their rank other than thumbing through a well organized handbook with ALL the answers. Set it up as a guide book.

I like the idea of the smaller requirements book, but how many times has a boy lost his handbook. I think that if they are going to make a small version of the requirements book they should also sell them seperatly so that they can be replaced.

I like the idea of keeping history alive. Lets remember our roots and what scouting is about.