Congratulations to us all...

I have been struck recently by the way this forum has taken on an air of respect, kindness, and, well, Scoutlike behavior. There was one recent notable speedbump, but we got past that. I appreciate the way we can respectfully discuss and disagree, without becoming disagreeable. As someone said once, regardless of our opinions, beliefs and passions, there is one passion that we all share, which is a desire to instill in young men and women the values of Scouting so that we will leave the world a little better than we found it. I respect you all, and admire the dedication to our organization.

I will be away for a few days visiting my 87 year old uncle up in OGE's neck of the woods. If you see a short, fat old guy with a grey beard lurking in the Minsi Trails Scout shop, that will be me. My laptop's hard drive is dying, so I probably won't be back on the forum until Monday. I can't wait to hear how mdsummer45's saga turns out with her soon to be Eagle son. Good Luck.

I have always enjoyed this forum and read everything. Sometimes the discussions take a sour turn, but I have learned a lot from this valuable resource over the years.

I especially enjoy seeing all the new folks come online and share their stories.