Six more Webelos crossed over to our Troop yesterday

Last Monday, we participated in the crossing of four Webleos Scouts to our Troop. Yesterday afternoon, our guys did the crossing ceremony for six more from a different Pack. Ten new Scouts eager to start - first meeting tonight and campout this weekend. Wonderful!

Last Monday's crossing was planned and run by the Pack. Our guys were there only to put on new neckerchiefs. Yesterday's Pack leaders wanted us to plan and conduct the ceremony ourselves. The guys did a great job, using the Scout Law as the theme. I started it out by asking the Webelos and parents to come up. Parents removed Webelos neckerchief and hats, then the parents and I sat down and the boys took over. I was very proud of them.

The best part was the compliments our guys got after. Several parents and leaders came up to me and commented on how great it was that the boys did the ceremony. "It's nice to see some troops are still letting the boys be in charge," was one comment I heard from an Eagle Scout/parent/cub leader. He talked about when he was a Scout in one of our District's Troops and how his Scoutmaster meant it when he talked about boy-led. He added that it was sad to see so many troops just don't do that anymore.

So, the moment has arrived that our guys have worked toward and trained for. Ten new Scouts for our guys to work with, teach, mentor and train. Ten new Scouts who one day will be conducting a crossover ceremony for "their" new Scouts.

Good times.