Help save a scout friendly park

Please read and consider signing a petition to save a very scout friendly park.

Hopewell District Scouters, Please see the note below from Lill Morris. I hiked the Silver Moccasin Trail at Ft. Ancient when I was a Boy Scout. As an adult, I've attended multiple crossover campouts, district campouts and other events as a guest of Jack Blosser and Ft. Ancient. Jack has worked with many of our Scouts to provide opportunities for Eagle projects. Please take a few minutes to sign the online petition at the bottom of this e-mail to save Ft. Ancient. Then please take the time to forward to everyone in your unit that is not on this distribution list so they have an opportunity to sign as well. Thanks, Tom Lehn

Ft. Ancient is in trouble because of the financial situation we're all in. It may close and the staff let go.Ft. Ancient has been a friend to Troop 617 and all of Dan Beard Council. To date, Troop 617 has had 15 Eagle Projects at Ft. Ancient. Please take a minute to help save Ft. Ancient. Click on the website below, read and consider signing. Save Ft. Ancient for Jack Blosser, your Scout and for Troop 617.

Yours in Scouting, Lill MorrisScoutmaster Troop 617

Save Ft. Ancient Historical Site, OHS - Online Petition

I have just visited GoPetition and found the following page very interesting:

http://www.gopetition.com/online/26239.html

Thanks Kbandit

How about more information?

When is it being closed?

Why is it being closed? How about a link to the document siting closure?

Is it being closed and sold or just closed for a few years.

why or how is it scout friendly?

Just curious, your petition and post didn't include much information that would make me want to lend my support...

From this Columbus Dispatch article, it appears that the Ohio Historical Society is trimming hours and may temporarily close some of its sites, including Fort Ancient, because of cutbacks in state funding.

http://tinyurl.com/cpqfpv

I think we can safely expect lots more such sites and parks, Scout-friendly and not, to be on the chopping block in the months to come as states hammer out their budgets.s

Sorry this is not my petition just an email I received from my district. If you click on the link it will take you to the page that has the link to Ft. Ancient site.

Our troop camped there in Oct. and did clean up from the big wind storm we had Sept. 14. The park is owned by state of Ohio. Our district is having its camporee there in April.

We have heard the rumors this park will be closing due to budget. I do not know where Lill Morris got the information.

I will look for more information and post as I find it.