Interesting Merit badge counsoler idea

We have an Eagle Scout out of out Troop who due to age is now considered an Adult and has stayed on the roster. Since he is studying film in college he has decided to be a cinematography MBC.

The boys in the Troop love the fact that this person they have known for years and was at one time their SPL is doing this. The Troop has planned a campout around the Merit badge were most of the day will be spent making movies(within the rules we set)and cracker barrel will be Oscar night.

This MBC is a hundred miles away but still wants to help the guys. So he has set up instructional videos on You Tube that address different aspects of the merit badge such as lighting, camera angle etc. Some of the boys have even made films and sent them to him evaluate.

The MBC comes to meeting when he is in town and is doing a wrap up session in late Spring

I think this is a great idea that really is working even though the MBC can't always be there to meet with the boys.

Anybody else ever tried anything like this.(This message has been edited by cheffy)

Sounds like fun. I hope their awards ceremony is not as boring and predictable as the Oscars this last Sunday.

Actually, let me restate that. I am sure that the scouts' awards ceremony will be far more interesting than the Oscars this last Sunday. Who will give the acceptance speech denouncing the homophobic boy scouts?

kind of a stretch from that to specifically denouncing boy scouts, eisley. Anyway this isn't the Issues and Topics forum!

Re: the original post, I think that's really great, sounds like a very fun way to do that particular badge. And how cool, that the boys have a MBC who is utilizing modern technology to make it work for everyone.