I like asking the "How will someone know you were a Scout" question. The "give back" line of questioning really does depend on the age and life circumstances of the Scout, not all of which is under his direct control.

My HONEST answer (knowing now what I did not know then) would have been, "Well sir - my family just moved about 50 miles into the country, so that I will no longer be able to regularly attend my Troop meetings. At this time I am happy to have earned my Eagle, and I will be focusing on my academics for High School. Right after high school graduation I will accept the request for help from my Troop to be an adult leader for a crew heading to the Northern Tier, as they will be desparate for assistance. I will do this just after returning home from leave from military training.

After High School, I will be attending one of the top universities in the nation. After that I will be working 80 hours per week, and getting married. After a few years of marriage I will have a son. A few years after that he will join Cub Scouts and I will become his Den Leader."

Now, the answer I probably gave was something like, "I will try to remain active with my Troop, though my family has recently moved and asking my parents to drive 100 miles roundtrip every Monday will be tough. Someday I hope to be able to give back the way you are on the other side of the table."