Trying to Do my Job

OK,

I am on my third year in the Cub Scout Program. I started with my son asking me to be a leader. I have grown to love the scouting program and working with my son and the other boys. Buuuut, I have found that I have a problem with a couple or so of the other leaders helping me to do my job as pack trainer.

I am more or less left out of the loop, as to what goes on and when and have since gone to the district level with my problem, even surprising him that I really want to do my job.

When I worked hard to complete my Tiger Den Leader Award, I rubbed some a little, but achieved it to an extent. I received the certificate but no knot, so when I ask about it, our Cub Leader said he would take care of it. At the next Pack Meeting, he took care of it and awarded all the leaders with a knot at the same time. This is wonderful for me as many of these guys deserved to have them a long time ago, but it took me and my little card a while to get things finished.

Now I am working o my Scouter Award, and getting no help with my quest.

What should I do for sign off's on my card????

OK, maybe I'm a bit slow this afternoon, but I really don't see the problem.

Are you having a problem performing your duties as a den leader, a Pack trainer, or both?

You are working on your Cub Scouter Award, but you say you are being "left out of the loop" & "getting no help". What loop? What kind of help exactly should you be receiving? This award is based on tenure, training & performance. About the only thing you would need help with would be Pack projects. Then you would need the participation of the Pack Committee to help spread the word and organize things.

Are you not being allowed to plan Pack service projects, Chair a Pack event, or work on the Pack FOS campaign?

As stated on the Progress Record card, approval for each area is required by either the Pack Committee Chair, the Cubmaster or the Unit Commissioner. It also states "some other appropriate person" can approve the card, I would guess that could be your COR, the Council/District Training Chair could approve your training record & your DE could probably approve your tenure.

If the problem is your CC and/or your CM refuse to approve your card, then there are some real problems there that going "over their heads" for approvals would not improve.

Some more information is needed here.