Scouts on NASCAR Angels TV Show

For those of you that get the chance, check on "NASCAR Angels" this week, was just on here in the east. Each week, they select an "deserving" individual, repair and upgrade his car, and throw in some visits with NASCAR celeberities. This week it was a SM in inner city Indianapolis. His car was re-done, he and some of his troop visited "The Brickyard" race track, he and his troop were given camping goodies from several NASCAR sponsors and the boys in his troop earned Auto Mechanics merit badge helping the shop repair his car. Really cool show. Video of show is available at NASCAR site. http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2008/02/19/nascar.angels.204.nascar/index.html?MostPopular

I am not a big NASCAR fan, but really enjoyed the show. Like most of our troops, he had boys in complete uniforms, boys in partial uniforms and boys in tee shirts. It showed boys as boys, they weren't all dressed in perfect brand new uniforms from Scout shop. This was not a National BSA production, but did really show Scouting in a good light. Showed SM doing what most SM's do. Trying to change boys lives and make a difference.

Scouter&mom,

Thanks for letting us know about this show.

I caught it last night. I thought it was very positive!

Plus it was nice to see scenes from Camp Belzer, where I did a lot a scouting in my days!

Steve

Whoa! Really nice.

Now, see, that's the kind of PR you need. Betcha this was brought on by a local source, which is where all really good PR has to originate. GOI (Good Ole Irv) can't pay for this kinda exposure.

Go and do ye likewise...