Hi, my name is Jeff. I am back into Scouting after aloooong time out. The last time I had anything to do with it was right before I entered the Air Force in 91. I earned my Eagle and Vigil Honor in 83. Now I'm my sons Tiger Den Leader and next month will be taking over as Cubmaster. Any ideas on finding a replacement for the den for next year?

You have had the last 4.5 months to get to know the families in your Tiger Den. You have seen, with Shared Leadership, how they each work with the boys. By now you should have a pretty good idea who would make a good leader & would not.

You should have an informal talk with your Committee Chair, Cubmaster & Charter Org Rep about possible candidates. You, & the above folks, can continue to observe the Tiger families for the next couple of months if you wish. I would say that March (at the latest) should be the time when you all (CM, CC, COR & you) decide on who you want to approach to be Wolf Den Leader (you will need an Asst Den Leader too). Most councils hold Spring trainings so your new Den Leaders can get trained right away (you need to take CM training too).