Scout online shopping

I am new to this online scouting, yet all I was looking for were the uniform requirements for my Webelos I kid and perhaps a TIeger book for the other kid. No way, not online. Well how does a career mom do it, then? We are in rural Texas with not a store in 40 miles and those stores are CERTAINLY not open when I have shopping time. So I shop online at 10pm and the only webpage I can find is blurbing me empty shopping carts.

OK and I also want to help our current leader since she is due to have surgery. Besides no uniform this year it looks like my group is going to go without belt loop and badge acheivements.

How does everyone else do it?

Welcome to the forums. You will find that there is a tremendous amount of help here. This community exists to aid each other. Learn from others, and don't be hesitant to offer your own perspectives. That's how we all help the forum stay relevant.

In response to your question, the easiest online place to obtain official scout uniform parts and materials is from the BSA's National Supply Division.

Their website is www.scoutstuff.org.

There is a link to uniforms right on the home page that will take you directly to all the things that go into a Webelos uniform

Webelos have the option of wearing either the Cub Scout blue uniform or the Boy Scout tan uniform. If it were my den just getting into a uniform, I'd probably opt for the tan uniform. With a little luck the boys won't grow too much (yeah, right!) and you can avoid having to buy a new uniform as soon as they transition in to Boy Scouts.

If these are all 1st-year Webelos, then maybe the blue uniform will help them identify more with the other dens in the pack, but their next uniform will probably need to be the tan one. You might want to talk to the boys and their parents.

I hope this helps.

Aside from Scoutstuff.org, many council shops will ship orders out. Call your council's Scout Shop and talk to them.

BTW - Most Pack's do not have the Den Leaders purchase awards. Webelos Activity Badges are restricted items & can not be purchased online or over the phone. They must be included on a Unit Advancement Report which must be turned in at your council Scout Shop.

How do most folks find the time to get the the Scout Shop? We leave work early one evening. We take a vacation day & include it in the list of chores that need to get accomplished that day. We take advantage of the one day the Shop is open late. We go to the Shop on a Saturday. We go to a neighboring council's Scout Shop that has better hours or is closer to where we work/live. We order on the phone or from National Scoutstuff.