I noticed that about the patch on his uniform too. I saw that he was wearing an ASM patch on his right pocket instead of his sleeve.

Yes the girls look great, but there are definatly errors in the uniform.

I think that they might have a policy much like that of the military. Being that the only actor who can wear a proper and correct military uniform in a movie is one that has served in uniform. Example R. Lee Emery. USMC Gunny SGT if I remember correctly. I have seen many people who wear the uniform in movies, and being a soldier, I can usually pick out the uniform mistakes very quickly. But sometimes they make it very difficult. Example, they may make it so the ribbons are on the wrong side or out of order to make the uniform wrong for the movie.

Good topic though

I think if you look closely, you'll see that the models were dressed in costumes intended to resemble Scout uniforms, not actual uniform parts. The shorts definitely weren't BSA issue - they were made fabric the same color as uniform pants, but they were tailored very differently, and even had some gold trim between the "waistband" and the legs, and at the bottom of the legs.

The shirts had numerals, but above the numerals were some sort of strip that isn't a CSP, and the buttons on their shirts don't look official either. I would bet the producers were very careful not to infringe the BSA copyrights on the uniform, while trying to appear as if uniforms were being worn.