hello there - another new one....

After growing up in scouts - I was excited when I was able to introduce my son to scouting. Though some things have changed (tiger cubs?) - I remember a lot.

After asking questions I was persuaded to become the tiger den leader. Since we have 20 tigers I recruited a couple of others to help with the load and share in the fun. I am also lucky in that we have a good group of energetic and enthusiastic adults. We almost have all of the bobcat requirements for all of the kids and so far.

From what I have read here I am trying to make sure I get all of the needed info. I have already completed the fast start, tiger den leader and new leader training. So I am officially trained. Looking forward to roundtable and other ideas for keeping it somple and fun. Feel free to point me in the right way

Most of all I am excited to share everything with my son that I was able to experience in scouts.

From one Tiger leader to another - Welcome Jeff!

20 Tigers - WOW! That's quite a big crowd (40 folks!) to have in one room at the same time. I can just picture the Living Circle! Have you given any consideration to splitting into 2 dens?

I'm doing pretty good this year with 10 Tigers (possible 13, we have 3 Cub sibs whose families are a bit slow to get things moving).

If you have not done your scrapbook yet, here is a great starter page:

http://www.crayola.com/activitybook/print.cfm?id=625

You give one to each Tiger & his Partner. They are to draw themselves & what their hobbies are (what they like to do). Then you go around and have everyone introduce themselves & tell about their picture. A great ice breaker & the page can even be used as a gathering activity.

This might be a bit time consuming with 40 people!

we have actually split into 3 dens - though for the past couple meetings we have participated together.

right now - just getting the hang of things and trying to find the happy medium between the parents signing off to get a bunch of awards right off the bat and the right amount of participation.