Last night when I got home there was an envelope on my door with this adults money.

No phone call or e-mail to say she was dropping this off but it looks like we will be attending.

Because we are a co-ed unit this second leader had to be a Mom (female over 21) for us to attend.

I couldnt agree more with you Neilup

Not only am I seeing this with the youth in the Ship but saw the same thing with the Parents in the Cub Pack.

When I was CC we had a year end event with the Pack.

Not a single person showed up to the planning meeting for this.

Only 11 people signed up for this and the night before a family of 5 called and canceled.

35 people showed up and were pissed because nothing was planned.

I see some of these people around school and they still blame the CM for this.

I have had Sea Scouts refuse to put together a simple presentation for a meeting because they couldnt/wouldnt commit to being there even two weeks away.

The Ship members want to do a trip next year.

Ive let them know that one of them has to be willing to head this up and I would help them plan this trip none will do so.

I cant even get them to commit to a time to go.

About Eamonns 2nd e-mail:

This sounds like my oldest son.

Hes 18 and graduated from HS last year.

He never liked Scouts much. He would go to a couple of meetings (Troop and Crew) and then not want to go anymore.

He repeatedly said that he didnt want to go to a Community college, but sometime in his senior year he decided that it was too much work to keep his grades up and the local community college would do.

He decided over the summer that he wanted to join the police force so he signed up for Criminal Justice classes.

During his first semester he was convinced by a friend in the service that joining the Army was the fast-track to getting on the police force and decided to join the Army to become military police.

After taking the entrance test he changed to military intelligence.

He then had another meeting with the recruiter and came home saying he was going to learn how to shoot Patriot Missiles.

Two weeks later he decided that he wasnt going to join, by then it was too late to register for classes and was looking into going to technical school to take Auto Mechanics.

He currently is working part-time washing dishes at a retirement home and is looking for a full-time job.

I know a couple of his friends that have done the same thing.

Not every kid knows what they want to do after HS and I am hoping that one day he will finally decide what he wants to do.