been on the forum awhile - just decided to round table

I am with troop 111 in Lansing, Mi., Chief Okemos Council.

I started as a webelos leader, my husband was Cubmaster and my two boys were webelos and wolf.

Now I am the advancement chair for T111.

Eagle advisor, merit badge coucilor for many troops

and I am a wood badger - I'm a good old Charmin Bear!

We were the scout family of the year in 2003 and the scout family on Dr. Phil - 2002

I am an OA ordeal member... and we are starting a Crew 111 this year. THe crew will do re-enactments.

I think that pretty well covers scouting!

We will be doing lots of re-enactments. They want to do medieval. My oldest son make chain mail and has been going to renfairs since he was 4 months old!

We have a troop that we are working with that is very into Civil.

We will to French, Indian since most of the boys are also into OA.

We currently go to Niagra-on-the-lake, Canada for an 1812 re-enactment. Plus we do service week at Mackinaw (1812) and are currently working on putting together something at Fort Detroit (1812).

We will be doing a sprint camporee that has the theme of scouting thru the ages. There will be several "worlds" where the boys can learn about the food, weapons, social skills, and life of the era. We will have troops rank their choice of which world they want to camp in and then we will use rankings to assign them where to camp. THere will be a camp "head person" (maybe a King or General or Chief???) that will be part of the evaluation of the troops. They will be expected to have something in their camp that reflects the "world" they have joined. All in all I think they will have fun... want to join us???

Your only about 4 hours away. If I only had the time it sounds like great fun.

I only asked about what type of reenacting you will be doing because I know it can get expensive. My daughter's boy friend and his brother do Civil War reenacting. They are 18 and 20 years old, and have been doing this for the last 6 years. Their parents are not involved, but the two boys have really dedicated themselves to doing this. They use Christmas and Birthdays to get things that they need for reenacting; new hats, boots, clothing, blankets,... They have invested in or been given well in excess of $6,000.00 worth of equipment, clothing, guns, saddles in the past six years. That's just two boys doing only Civil War reenacting. Trust me many of the adults doing this spend a lot more...

Have fun; I know you will!

ASM59