How did you find this forum?

Just curious how folks found this forum.

When I became a SM, I had little training in the position and was desperate for any information I could find to help get me started.

I had heard so much about chat rooms but could never find any that had anything to do with Scouting, or, if it started out about Scouting, it didn't stay on topic long.

So, I did an Internet search for Scouting Forums and eventually found this one. I did find others, and I check them out from time-to-time, but they aren't as active or informative as Scouter (in my opinion).

So fellow members, how did you find this forum?

Internet Search

I watched the streaming conversations, misspellings and endless nonsense in one Chat Room for about 10 minutes once, so I pressed on. I found this. It seemed like a good place to land, so I stayed. I also entered a Haiku forum for a while but left. I think a few were using it to fix their writer's block.

I compare this Forum to my first trip to Philmont for one of the Adult Training sessions. In the evenings, I would sit with my wife talking to a group of Scouters about Scouting. I would get up and go to the bathroom. On my return, I would invariably overhear another conversation and enter in with some other group. I would remember my mission and before I would take a few steps the same thing would happen all over again. Some bathroom visits lasted three hours. When I finally got back, I just slipped right back into the conversation. Someone would say something to my wife and she would just smile or laugh. FB