Please pray for a Scout family

A young man in Nephew's troop is currently missing and feared to be the same youth who jumped from a local bridge Monday night. He is still missing and the young jumper's body has not yet been found. Even if it turns out the jumper and the missing scout are two separate individuals, someone has lost a son.

Please keep all involved in your prayers.

YiS

Michelle

Michelle, will pray. I checked the BDN website and found the story of the jumper, but none of a missing man. Suicide is hard (and rampant in ME), but when it's a Scout-well I just never think of someone living the Oath and Law would find suicide appealing. It's a high bridge-haven't seen the new one yet.

They haven't officially released any info on the missing youth. However, being a small town, we all know the family, the sister is in the same class as Nephew so each teacher at the school told the students. He was the boy who always had a quick smile for everybody, well liked, etc. He wanted to be a chef and had been working on his cooking MB and always volunteered to cook on outings. He had recently had surgery to replace a permanent shunt in his head (childhood injury), so perhaps that had caused some personality shift.

YiS

Michelle

While the body still has not been found, 3 eyewitnesses have identified the boy who went off the bridge as the missing youth. A memorial service was held for him Sunday. The church was literally standing room only with people whose lives he had touched. The common thread thru everybody's words were "He always had a smile for everyone, I'll miss that". Jumping off the bridge was a complete 180 for this boy and while nobody is coarse enough to ask the family why, the theory held by most is that it has something to do with the recent brain surgery he had (about 3 weeks before).

The family is holding up as well as can be expected under the circumstances. They have a whole church and town and extended family to lean on when its hard to take that next breath. Thank you for asking.

YiS

Michelle