Greetings from South Mississippi

I've been lurking for a while and have thoroughly enjoyed the discussions and information in the forums.

I have about seventeen years experience in scouting: three years in Cub Scouting; seven years as a youth in Boy Scouts (including four years on summer camp staff); seven years as an adult leader (ASM and SM).

I'm a member of the Evangeline Area Council Eagle Scout Class of 1986 and a brotherhood member of the Order of the Arrow.

Katrina did do a number on us, but things are getting better every day.

Camp Tiak lost about 1/3 of its trees. It's strange standing on the porch of the dining hall and being able to see about a mile through the trees. Scouts and scouters from two councils came down to help with the cleanup and recovery: NCAC at the end of October; Bay-Lakes WI during our regular winter camp in December.

I've heard about the sled races ... I think I'll pass in favor of being tapped out for OA ... the tap out only hurts for a few minutes afterwards!

Welcome to the forum. Leave it to Semper to tie in one of our latest fiascos as a new initiation ceremony. We'd never do anything like that to you. Now, report to the snipe hunt at 10:00 this evening and you'll have a full appreciation of what we are about.

EIKY'mon, I do believe that our new friend has not ventured far from the confines of Southern Mississippi where, as everyone knows, the snipe population was completely obliterated in the 17th century from the great snipe flu. Perhaps a field trip to the wilds of Kentucky where the snipe are plentiful and plump is in order.