AOL Presidential Letters

How can I request a letter from the President OTUS to congratulate Arrow of Light receipents? I was told to do so by December. I was also directed to whitehouse.gov but this is very vague and I don't know what I'm looking for! I also need them all mailed to me in the event some drop out before March so they don't get them....but I have them if they stay.... thanks!!

Hello pshurate and welcome to the forums!

The White House will send congratulation letters for Eagle Scouts but I have never heard that they do this for AoL awards. (They also send letters upon request for special birthdays and anniversaries.) It's worth a try though!

Let's face it REAL MAIL is kinda rare now.

Bills, Gimmes, votefors, buythese......,

What DO you get in the MAILBOX nowadays?

And what do your boys really know about letters? "Ms Wachovsky, what's this little sticky thing again? a...stamp?"

We teach them things they don't learn in school, right? Why not a Letter Writin' Chip?

Forget the President (yeah just try!) for a while...

Now who do you think your boys would REALLY like to get a letter from?

Grand mom? Their favorite uncle? Try teaching them to write to THEIR favorite person, and elicit a letter back!!

Perhaps a local TV personality they all watch? A favorite teacher they all know?

Oh, sure the PARENTS might like to get a letter from the Prez. Looks good in the frame...(I've got my Eagle letter here somewhere...)

But the letters I treasure are the ones I received from mom and dad when I was at camp, from my Gmom in Massachusetts, whom I only saw rarely, from my friend Sky when we got BACK from camp... (wow, he really wrote back...)

Don't look for letters from unimportant people like the President (in THEIR lives).

"Dear Gram, guess what! I just earned my Arrow of Light in Cub Scouts! Can you come and watch the award cereomny?..."

"Dear Videoguy: I relly like your show. I am a Cub Scout and will soon earn my Arrow of Light. Could you come to my ceremony?....."

Waddya think, mmmm?(This message has been edited by SSScout)