Ok i am looking for a little help with this coming years program. The troop is now getting to the point where there are actually older scouts in it. i want to be able to offer them more options for the coming year. When i was a scout, which was only in the last 10 years, we went on several historic trips(Washington D.C., Boston, Gettysburg.) Does anyone know of any other good historic trips near NY?

Last years program was good but it could have had a little more to it. Any other fun trips out there that is something other than camping? like something a little fun for a day trip or what not.

Any Ideas at All???

Please let me know. i want these boys to have just as good a time as i did. if not MORE.

Thanks everyone.

Rob

ASM Troop 48

New York

i live in dutchess county. about an hour north of manhantan. any ideas about trips ill take no matter how long the distance is. im just looking for ideas to give ideas to the scouts.

also should i make requirements for them to follow. if so what would you do?

You live in an area with lots of things to do. Historic sites, state parks, battlefields, museums, battleship overnights, etc. What to do depends on what the boys are interested in.

Why not have your SPL do some searching on the 'net to find some ideas to bring to your years program planning meeting.

Rat,

This weekend our troop will take a train (from Brewster north to GCS) and walk to see the USS Intrepid (Air and space museum in an aircraft carrier).

They have an SR-71 Bird and a Concord jet plus lots of other planes and helicopters.

Return trip same night by train. Bag lunch and group rates keep the cost way down.

http://www.intrepidmuseum.com/

http://www.onmyhonor.com/events9900/intrepid/index.htm

LOL thats actually something i can say we actually did. it was definately an awsome trip. we also incorperated ground zero in it as well. there was a lot of walking but it was still fun. thank you