Italy Wins The World Cup.

I know that Hops will be sad that France lost!!

Seems strange that while at one time 79% of the population of the UK were watching Soccer, I had a hard time finding it on my TV.

Well done Italy!!

Of course there were a couple of teams I'd prefer to have won, but it wasn't to be -Maybe in 4 years time?

Eamonn.

Who knew Zidane would turn out to be a good source for a SM Minute?

Overheard on the radio this morning: "That head butt by Zidane is the most aggression ever shown by the French!" Sorry, couldn't resist...

But seriously, what was (or wasn't?) he thinking?

Gags

Was there some sort of big sporting event taking place that we were not aware of? ;)

purcelce,

My son's crew should be getting off the water right about now at Atikokan and heading home in the morning.

My theory is that you have to watch about 50 soccer matches before you really begin to enjoy the sport. I was forced to do this because my daughter plays, but I have finally reached the point where I can watch a two-hour scoreless tie and say that it was a great game. I suspect that this may be the same for other sports as well--I've seen enough baseball and football, but I guess not enough hockey.

The World Cup final was pretty amazing--it included an unsportsmanlike action (by Zidane) that is the talk of most of the world.

Actually, it's looking like there were two really unsportsmanlike actions, the first by Materazzi, responded by Zidane's.

Someone put a website together where you could move a Zizou around and head-butt all the opposing players. I saw it on the news last night. I haven't decided if this is funny or sad. It is telling.

SWScouter