Small brag--June Boys' Life

Trevorum--I sent them a query or pitch letter describing the article I'd like to write for them, and they gave me an assignment to write the piece.

I've also written about this guy--a much longer article--for American Profile magazine. He's really cool, although I think that last year, because of increasing health problems and medical costs, he was considering selling the original flag he had made on eBay. I never heard, though, whether it sold, or for how much.

I've also written a couple of other small stories for Boys' Life, and have an article on helping Scouts with Asperger's Syndrome and autism in an upcoming issue of Scouting.

Elizabeth

Congratulations starwolfmom! Our "BL" mag just arrived Thursday - my son has hogged it so far, but I'll have my turn! Looking forward to reading your article.

I queried "BL" mag once a couple of years ago with an article idea, but alas, a similar article was already in the works for a future issue. "Scouter" mag may be a better target for me - you've encouraged me to query again!

clyde

I'm going to need to watch for your article on Autism and Aspergers. That I know of in my den, I have 1 scout with autism, 2 with asperger's, and another 2 with ADHD. And over 3/4 of the den attends a school for Gifted/Talented students. (It's the magnet school for the public school system). They're 2nd year Webelos, but my other son will be joining cubs soon, so I'll probably see some of the same things.