There are only 7 days of school left and that is when we advance our boys. So after next week's meeting, I am officially done (for now). The Bear leader and his wife (our new CM) get to take over the Webelos I and II.

I was going to stick around as a committee member because I have a boy that will be joining a Pack next year. But they decided to change the committee meeting to a time that I cannot attend (my older son's Boy Scout meeting is at that time). I wanted to stick around and keep an eye on the pack and see how it was next year. That way, I had a better idea if I wanted to stay with this Pack or attend that Pack that is associated with my older son's Troop.

Oh well, I am ready for a break. I am turning in a Merit Badge counselor application. I figure that there are a couple that I am qualified to work with boys on.

There's much to be said for taking a break. However, have you considered serving at the District level? Unit commissioner, Roundtable staff, District Committee, Day Camp staff, etc. I am a firm believer that unit leaders should focus on serving their units, however, once you decide to leave the unit, your experience is needed elsewhere!

scoutldr,

I will still be helping my son's Troop out. I had to back out of being Day Camp staff for this summer. I also had to back out of Wood Badge. I will be having a new baby in the early Fall. My husband has insisted on a break. The only thing he has told me that wouldn't bother him was if I signed on to be an ASM for our son's Troop's new SM.

So, I say I am getting a break when in reality I am only taking a break from Cub Scouts.