YOUR FAVORITE SCOUTING RECIPES WANTED FOR NEW COOKBOOK!!!!

Trevorum--No offense against ramen, because it did keep me from starving through college, but CLEARLY we are going to have to send you a complimentary copy of this book when its done! :-)

BTW, don't foget to toss an egg in it for protein! If I can live off of it for four years, anyone can!

Christine,

In college, I distained ramen, much preferring peanut butter & tortillas. ;)

Seriously, we have a troop rule: no ramen! It is so easy to cook tasty things in the outdoors with a minimum of cleanup that there is no excuse for ramen except poor planning. (But, they will try if you let them!)

Our adult "patrol" is lucky enough to have an amazing chef (by day, he is an accountant, go figure) who treats us to incredibly delicious meals. The scouts always see how well we eat, and they come back next time with new stuff as well. They made crepes for breakfast!

Once each year we have an iron-chef competition. That's always fun!

Oh noooo! A no ramen rule!? I think I have a fancy ramen recipe in my submission pile!

You know we have a recipe in Lipsmackin' Vegetarian Backpackin' from Flyin' Brian, the guy who completed the Triple Crown (three long distance trails) in one year. All it was was ramen and dried vegetables. So it's the dinner of champions. Who knew?

I'm serious when I say you folks are some of the most awesome cooks in the world. I mean that. I haven't tested a recipe I didn't like. They are all incredible. While its true I probably won't live to see my 41st birthday (in two months) because they are incredibly rich, still I will have died having lived a full and tasty life.

So have your accountant contact me and send me some recipes okay!!?? Sounds like a great plot for a superhero movie--humble accountant by day--super scout chef by night.

We were at an Eagle project together this morning. I mentioned the cookbook and asked if he'd be interested in submitting a recipe. He grinned and said, sure! So I'll give him your email. The guy is amazing, and he makes it look so easy!

I know exactly the grin you are talking about. It's that mysterious grin those super hero guys get just before they whip off their nerdy glasses and start searching for a phone booth to change in. In his case he doesn't wear a cape (of course because that could catch fire and that would set a bad example for the kids), but rather a grease repellant apron, with a built in firestarter, with a burnt chicken sensor.

I know the look. I've seeen it before.