Scout windshield decal

Yesterday, I saw a minvan ahead of me that had a big Scout decal on its rear window. The decal had the child's name below it.

Does anyone know where I can get this kind of decal? I've seen others that had a soccer ball, a cheerleader's megaphone, a band instrument, etc. I assumed the child's school sold the other decals, but I doubt if they sell the Scout decal.

I think this would be a great way to show my support both for my son and for Scouting. Our Scout shop has no idea where this decal came from -- any ideas?

Maybe it was home made! In this age of technology, there are not a lot of things that you can't produce on a home computer yourself...or know of someone who can custom make something. We have a local private school that has a Fleur de Lis as their school symbol and you'll be driving around and see one on the back of a vehicle and immediately think it's scout related!

With a Quick Google Search, I found a source:

http://www.depotdan.com/store/store2.htm

Boy Scout Decal

$10.00

A personalized Boy Scout Decal.

You may place up to two lines of personalized information on the decal. These decals are placed on the outside window of a vehicle. You may also place decals on notebooks, tables, lockers, almost anywhere.

Shipping is free.

Contact DepotDan for information on special prices for fundraiser's.

Hope this helps. I have no conection with Depot Dan so I can't tell you anyhting about him.

Hey EagleDadx3,

Congratulations and welcome to the campfire!

I have 1 down (or should we say up?) and 2 to go, but hope to join you in claiming 3 from this roost.

It's a little off topic, but since EDx3 already answered the question, here goes.

A few years ago, my Boy Scouts started giving me a hard time about displaying BSA stickers on our cars. (Background: Some might call us a hard-core conservative family and our political and religious views are often discussed around the house.) I told my boys those stickers were my quiet protest against the so-called politically correct who are fighting the controversial views BSA is willing to stand up for.

To my amusement, within a few days, my spare stickers were being displayed on their school notebooks and they started wearing BSA t-shirts to school.

We had many good laughs over the wacky and rude comments they received.

The only downside is it HAS tempered my combat assault driving techniques on the local roads, like Eagle73 suggests....

Here's to being politically incorrect!

Jeez - growing up in the 60s and 70s, I never would have thought the Boy Scouts would ever be the radicals!

Display those stickers proudly!!

(While you still can.)

-mike