Legal issues: When a pack dies

We had started an ran a tiny pack (12 boys) for 2 years. The energy to sustain a pack is tremendous. We did little recruiting and as a result our pack just kind of aged out.

I still have all the assets from our pack. A nice track, set of flags and a checking account with a bit of cash in it.

I told the my DE that I would work with him to help restart the pack with a new group of parents. When they get re-chartered then I will get some space back in my garage. ;-)

I should mention that our CO was/is totally absent and neglectful in its duties. It didn't want us to meet in their new facilites. Never offered a dime for flags or support and we didn't have one boy from the parish.

Its a fact, one that I have never mentioned seen on this board, that may fraturnal organizations will allow a unit to be chartered for the only reason that it punches a ticket within their own national organization to be a "quality unit". Our DE has become a close friend of mine and mentioned that he has used this detail to advantage several times.

As an aside...why all the interest in "why" this pack died. That was not the question. joefloyd was a volunteer, they gave their valued time, it didn't work out, they parted ways, now what to they do with all this stuff, end of story.

I'm interested on hearing the proper way to dispose of unit assets when a unit disbands. If you want to hear confessions tune into Dr. Phil.