Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, but have been around scouting for a while. I grew up wanting to be a Boy Scout, cause they did cool stuff. My dad started a troop and was SM 50 years ago. My brother was active in the same troop years later. Even more years passed, and my daughter joined Girl Scouts. 10 years as a Girl and 2 as an adult for her. I had 2 years as leader and 6-7 as assistant. My son was in Cub Scouts for a couple of years with me as ADL, then lost interest at Webelos for a while. We ran into our SM at the mall and he invited my son back two years ago. Well as my daughter says "I have crossed to the dark side" and am now ASM. I think the real truth is the SM knew I always wanted to be a Boy Scout, so I am now in it for the duration. Have always camped and done things outside, so I really enjoy going along. I must be a glutton for punishment, cause I just agreed to take the Webelos, and help them move along towards Scouts. Oh, yeah, I also signed back up as AL for Brownies. Anyhow, I guess Scouting is in my blood and I guess I will do it as long as I can.

Welcome Scouter & Mom,

Great to have you in the mix. I look forward to reading your input on the topic your find of interest. Sounds like you bring a great depth of experience to the forum.

Yours Truly in Scouting,

Rick Pushies

By the power vested in me, I hereby confer upon you the virtual and fictional title of honorary boy scout, together with all rights and privileges pertaining thereto.

There, its official.

Welcome to the party! You sound like a lot of fun. Have some bug juice, but please don't spill any on the carpet.