I'm making up some "business" cards with my name and address to hand out to new friends I meet at the Jamboree. In looking for some public domain images, I began wondering when the Scout Emblem of my youth was changed into the red and white, art-deco logo we have today. Does anyone know? Just curious.

FS, yes thank you, I had already linked to the official trademark site. It gives good info but it does not say anything about the history of the logo. I started thinking about this after realizing that the Scout Emblem in the 2005 Jamboree patch is the traditional four color emblem (aka the Tenderfoot badge). The only other place I could find this usage by National is by the 1910 Scociety. Interestingly a few councils still use it on CSPs. I am assuming - unless someone has other information - that the old logo is still official, just like old uniforms are still official.

I think the red/white 'streamlined' logo is a spin-off of what they used to call 'Logo One' from the early 70's, when they were also hyping the name 'Scouts USA' (or Scouts America, don't recall for sure!)

I know that is not quite the answer you want- sorry!